Alright, everyone, here's one for you. We are one of 12 charities picked by various celebrities to participate in the $25,000 Firefox Challenge that just started yesterday on the Crowdrise site. The actor Paul Rudd selected us because we were his late father's favorite charity.
This is what the folks at Crowdrise emailed me about the contest:
Paul Rudd is launching a fundraiser to help win $25k for the Rolling Dog Farm and I wanted to shoot you a quick email to let you know about everything.
Here's a mess of notes that explains how everything will work...
- Paul will be competing against eleven other celebrities, as well as anyone else who wants to participate, to try to raise as much money as possible for the Rolling Dog Farm.
- Paul will have his own fundraising page on CrowdRise.
- The goal is for Paul and the Rolling Dog Farm to direct people to Paul's page to donate and to join his team and help him fundraise.
- Mozilla is starting each celebrity out with a $5,000 donation.
- The celebrity, or non-celebrity campaign, that raises the most money for their charity gets a $25,000 prize donated by Mozilla.
- Paul is going live with the following prize...Donate $18 to the The Rolling Dog Farm for a chance to win an “I Love You Man” poster signed by Paul Rudd.
- The campaign ends January 11, 2012.
Paul mentions on his page an additional prize:
"Or, donate $29 and you could win a voicemail greeting recorded by me for your phone."
We will get all the donations made through Paul's page, plus the $5,000 that Mozilla (the organization that created and maintains the Firefox web browser) has already donated to Paul and each of the other celebrities participating in this contest. The $25,000 is in addition to all those funds!
Paul is up against some big names, like Barbara Streisand, Sean Penn, and Will Farrell, but as of this morning, Paul was already in the No. 4 spot, just ahead of Streisand!
Please go to Paul's page here so you can donate to the farm and help him win the big prize for us.
This is the main Firefox Challenge page.
Paul, thank you so much for helping the animals here!